HR contact information and directions can be found under the "Contact Us" tab on the left.
Thank you for visiting the Bloomington Public Schools Office of Human Resources Web Page. The staff of Bloomington Public Schools is our most important resource for providing learners in our community with a high quality educational system. The Human Resources Team looks forward to providing you with excellent service.It will soon be summer at ESC! (6/6/14)
Offices at ESC will be open this summer. Many of the twelve-month employees take vacation or work shortened hours over the summer. Please call ahead before stopping in at ESC to see a specific person or department this summer.ID Insurance Cards (6/6/14)
PreferredOne and Delta will not be issuing new medical or dental ID cards in July so be sure to keep your current card. Remember that July 1 begins a new deductible/plan year for our insurance plans. PreferredOne’s Quit For Life® (05/14/2014)
On May 31, tobacco users around the world will come together to celebrate World No Tobacco Day by going just one day without tobacco. But why stop at one day? This year, make every day a no tobacco day with the Quit For Life® Program. When you enroll, a Quit Coach® will help you create a customized plan to help you say “no” to tobacco for the rest of your life. You will have access to several tools, including Web Coach®, an interactive website filled with information to help you succeed. You may even qualify for free nicotine replacement therapy. Call 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (1-866-784-8454), or log on to www.quitnow.net for details or to enroll.
Same-Sex Marriage (08/23/2013)
Effective August 1, 2013 same-sex marriage is legal in Minnesota.
Some of the changes with respect to employee benefits include:
- You may pay for same-sex spouse’s health coverage on a pre-tax basis through a cafeteria plan in the same way as an employee with an opposite-sex spouse.
- Same sex-spouses may qualify as a “spouse” for COBRA purposes and can have their own COBRA election rights.
- A same-sex spouse is considered a spouse or family member for purposes of taking leave under FMLA
- You may receive tax-free reimbursements for expenses of his or her same-spouse through a HSA, FSA or HRA.
- Special enrollment rights are triggered when you acquire a same-sex spouse. Marriage is a qualifying event and all insurance changes must be made within 30 days of the marriage.
If you wish to update your name, address, emergency contact, W4 or make changes to your insurance, check out the forms under Quick Links – Forms A-Z – Human Resources.