HR contact information and directions can be found under the "Contact Us" tab on the left.
Thank you for visiting the Bloomington Public Schools Office of Human Resources Web Page. The staff of Bloomington Public Schools is our most important resource for providing learners in our community with a high quality educational system. The Human Resources Team looks forward to providing you with excellent service.Open Enrollment April 14 - 28
The district annual open enrollment will be April 14 - 28. If you need to make a change (add, drop or enroll) to your insurance benefits, this is the time. Changes will be effective July 1, but since we pay for insurance the month ahead, changes in deductions will occur before July 1. HSAs and 2013 Taxes (1/24/2014)
If you have a health savings account, you are required to file tax Form 8889 with your tax return. In order to complete Form 8889, you will need your W-2 and Form 1099-SA which is provided by Health Equity. You’ll receive Form 1099-SA by January 31 in the same manner (either by mail or online) as you do your monthly HSA statements. See the HR Communicates – HSA and 2013 Taxes at www.bloomingtonschools.info/hr
for more information.
Same-Sex Marriage (08/23/2013)
Effective August 1, 2013 same-sex marriage is legal in Minnesota.
Some of the changes with respect to employee benefits include:
- You may pay for same-sex spouse’s health coverage on a pre-tax basis through a cafeteria plan in the same way as an employee with an opposite-sex spouse.
- Same sex-spouses may qualify as a “spouse” for COBRA purposes and can have their own COBRA election rights.
- A same-sex spouse is considered a spouse or family member for purposes of taking leave under FMLA
- You may receive tax-free reimbursements for expenses of his or her same-spouse through a HSA, FSA or HRA.
- Special enrollment rights are triggered when you acquire a same-sex spouse. Marriage is a qualifying event and all insurance changes must be made within 30 days of the marriage.
If you wish to update your name, address, emergency contact, W4 or make changes to your insurance, check out the forms under Quick Links – Forms A-Z – Human Resources.