You are here
Implemented in the 2016-2017 school year, the School Board includes student representatives--one from each high school.
Front row L-R: Jackson Domagala, Dawn Steigauf, Nelly Korman, Ethan Skophammer; Back row L-R: Dick Bergstrom, Jim Sorum, Maureen Bartolotta, Beth Beebe, Tom Bennett.
Regular Board Meetings
School board meetings take place on the second and fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings are held in the Arlene Bush Board Room at the Educational Services Center, 1350 West 106th Street, Bloomington, MN. (Exception: If a holiday falls on a Monday, the Board session will be on Tuesday.)
The third Monday of the month is reserved for a study session, a Board meeting or a combination thereof at 7 p.m. unless determined otherwise.
Click to view a live stream of BEC-TV.
School Board Goals
The board has established the following goals for the 2018-19 school year:
- Update the long-range facilities plan.
- Establish a School Board Dashboard.
- Review and update 20 policies, if needed.
- Strengthen the School Board Community Engagement Plan.
- Collaborate with the Superintendent on strengthening the School Board Community Engagement Plan.
Questions also can be directed to
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent and School Board
Recognition of the Public at School Board Meetings