Click here for a PDF of the Strategic Plan
The Bloomington Public School District is an educational leader developing in all our learners the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
Core Values — What drives our words and behavior
- Respect — Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Responsibility — Take ownership of your actions.
- Integrity — Live up to your word.
- Citizenship — Strive to improve our community and our schools.
- Honesty — Tell the truth.
- Teamwork — Help each other be successful.
Vision — What we intend to create
Bloomington Public Schools creates Pathways to Career and College Success.
Each learner has a Personal Growth Plan
to meet the following Pathway milestones:
- Pre-School Ready
- Kindergarten Ready
- On Course for Elementary Success
- Middle School Ready
- High School Ready
- Career and College Ready
Strategic Directions — What moves us toward our vision
Maximize learner growth and close the achievement gap by:
- Delivering INSTRUCTION through an innovative and integrated system to support transitions and help all learners so they are career and college ready.
- Developing LEARNING SUPPORTS that are innovative and facilitate problem solving to remove barriers so students can access their educational pathway.
- Ensuring RESOURCE MANAGEMENT prioritized to meet the district’s strategic directions.
Strategic Plan refreshed by the school board December 11, 2017.