Bloomington Public Schools' violence and substance abuse prevention and education program supports a safe and chemical-free school environment.
- Prevent the use of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and other drugs by students and reduce violent behavior such as bullying, harassment, and family/relationship violence.
- Provide resources and education to parents, school staff, and students on chemical use concerns, and offer assistance on violence related issues.
- Review and enforce district chemical use policies and procedures.
- Support youth leadership and youth development initiatives, parent education and involvement, school staff professional development, violence prevention and chemical abuse services.
- Work with community agencies to reduce and prevent youth alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use and to reduce violent behaviors.
Chemical Awareness/Safe and Drug-Free Schools Program
Educational Services Center
1350 W. 106th Street Bloomington, MN 55431-4126