Join the Bloomington Safe House Parent Network! As a Safe House Parent Network participant, you agree to create a healthy community - one house at a time. Your pledge signifies that you will provide a safe, tobacco, alcohol, and drug-free environment for youth. Your participation in this network allows you an opportunity to stand together with other parents to provide a clear message to teens that there will be no use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs among youth in your home.
- Provides a way for parents to support each other;
- Strengthens parent-to-parent communication;
- Connects parents to other parents;
- Provides access to tools and resources around prevention; and
- Presents a clear message to youth that underage use is not allowed.
Click here to complete the online pledge today!
- I will not allow the possession or use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs by youth in my home and/or on my property.
- I will actively supervise all gatherings of youth in my home and/or on my property.
- I will ensure my home is supervised if I am out of town.
- I will prevent easy access to alcohol and other drugs (including prescription drugs) in my home and/or on my property.
- I will assure a safe environment free of underage drinking and other drug use for any friends of my son/daughter who enter my home.
- I welcome phone calls and other means of communication from other parents/guardians.