Bloomington Public Schools' Health Services department is committed to providing relevant health and resource information to the Bloomington Public Schools community.
Licensed School Nurses oversee a group of Health Offices, which are staffed by Health Service Associates. The health service team collaborates with students, families, staff and community partners to promote student health for academic success.
At each school, Health Service Associates provide the following services under the direction of a Licensed School Nurse and Health Service Supervisor to support Bloomington students:
- Monitoring immunization status of students
- Managing health plans for students with health conditions
- Providing first aid and emergency care to students and staff
- Administering medications
- Providing health care treatments and procedures
- Maintaining health service records
- Implementing screening programs
- Surveilling of communicable diseases
District Health Service Supervisor