Interested families should complete the online application by the due date. Testing data and teacher recommendations can follow after the deadline, but should be submitted within a month of the deadline if not be handled internally by Bloomington Public Schools (BPS).
- Informational meetings are held October - December
- Nobel Outreach night at KHS, Feb. 4, 7 - 8 p.m.
- Elements & Elementary DA, Jan. 23 - Tour at Ridgeview from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Elements & Elementary DA, Jan. 23 - Oak Grove Elem. from 1 - 2 p.m.
- Elements & Elementary DA, Jan. 30 - Oak Grove Elem. from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Elements & Elementary DA, Jan. 30 - Ridgeview from 1 - 2 p.m.
- Nobel, Jan. TBD - Valley View Middle School from Noon - 2 p.m
- Nov. 1: Applications due for middle school programs DA and Nobel
- Nov. 22: Applications due for Elements and elementary DA
- Jan. 24: Applications due for DAHS STEM and Humanities
Appeals process: If a student’s data does not seem to accurately reflect their capabilities, a request can be made for an appeals process. All appeals requests should be made directly to Erin Boltik. An alternative test can be administered to gather extra data. Parents also have the option to secure outside testing and submit for appeals.
Application Forms and Resources
- Application form for all gifted programs
- Parent application worksheet
- Out of district checklist for DA HS application
- School Locator - Bloomington residents can find their boundary schools based on home location.