Students with high intellectual capabilities thrive in our Elements (grades 2-3) and Dimensions Academy (grades 4-5) programs at the elementary level. Students learn in a classroom cohort model with curriculum featuring increased pace, depth and complexity compared to general classrooms.
Our research-based program is designed to meet the unique educational and social/emotional needs of students.
Many students successfully progress from our elementary programs to the DA middle school programs.
Elementary Placement Criteria Targets
- 95 percent or higher score on MAP reading and math tests or comparable achievement test
- 95 percent or higher score on at least two subtests of an IQ test or the CogAT Test of cognitive abilities. Please note that IQ testing must be administered by an approved licensed psychologist/psychiatrist.
- High teacher recommendation. BPS students - no form needed. Out of district applicants please complete the recommendation form on the application page.
- Applicants with the highest cumulative scores are placed first. District students are given priority.
- Elements/Dimensions Academy Virtual Parent Information Meeting
- Elements/Dimensions Academy
- Transitioning to Middle School/6th Grade
For All Learners
In addition to the Elements and Dimensions Academy programs, Gifted and Talented staff work with all elementary schools to support staff in differentiated instruction and support students with options for advanced learning and enrichment. Learn how we support advanced learners in BPS elementary schools.