Bloomington Career and College Academy is a unique, innovative Bloomington Public Schools program giving students the opportunity to explore or begin a career path while in high school.
Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-12th grade students to take college courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions and upon successful completion earn both high school and college credit while in high school. Typically Jefferson students interested in PSEO take courses at Normandale Community College or the University of Minnesota, however PSEO participation is not limited to those institutions. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into PSEO courses.
11th and 12th grade students may take PSEO courses on a full or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one PSEO course in a Career and Technical Education related subject. Transportation is not provided for PSEO courses.
More information can be found on the Minnesota Department of Education Postsecondary Enrollment Options web page.
PSEO Presentation (Shown during Advisory Wednesday, 1/8/20)
- Registration Presentation for Current Students (PGP#7 Presented during Advisory Wednesday, 1/29/20)
- Video of Registration Presentation for Current Students
- Incoming 9th Grade Student Presentation (1/9/20 and 1/10/20)
- Incoming 9th Grade Parent Presentation (Thursday, 1/16/20)
- Honors/AP Information Presentation (Thursday, 1/23/20)
- PSEO Presentation (Shown during Advisory Wednesday, 1/8/20)
- Bloomington Career and College Academy Parent Presentation (1/23/20)