School counselors provide guidance with academic planning and post-graduation goals and support for social and emotional well-being. Counselors act as advocates, collaborating with students, parents and teachers to ensure success and keep students on track to reach their personal goals. 

You may contact your school counselor by phone or email. To schedule an appointment with your counselor, please contact 952-681-5027 or email at 

Puede comunicarse con Elena para tener asistencia en español o inglés.


Students A-E Karen Zollar 952-681-5030
Students F-Ln John Boyd 952-681-5033
Students Lo-Rn Sara Schnadt 952-681-5035
Students Ro-Z Dawn McNeil 952-681-5034
Multilingual Students in 9th Grade and Beacon Students Danyelle Fisher 952-681-5263
Multilingual Students in 10th, 11th and 12th Grade Bridget Michalek


Career & College Development Coordinator Timmy Nguyen 952-681-5103
Counseling Office Secretary / Record Requests Elena Ebner 952-681-5022
Counseling Office Secretary Lisa Sheff 952-681-5027
Counseling Office Fax     952-681-5025

Report a Concern

To Report A Concern



Counseling Services

Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-12th grade students to take college courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions and upon successful completion earn both high school and college credit while in high school. Typically students interested in PSEO take courses at Normandale Community College or the University of Minnesota, however PSEO participation is not limited to those institutions. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into PSEO courses.

11th and 12th grade students may take PSEO courses on a full or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one PSEO course in a Career and Technical Education related subject.  Transportation is not provided for PSEO courses.

What scholarships are available?
Scholarship, grant, and financial aid information can be found on the Career & College Center page.

How do I request a transcript or letter of recommendation?
Follow the directions on this document.

How do I change my schedule?
Complete the Schedule Change Request Form and return the form to the counseling office secretary.

How to I apply for financial aid?
Financial aid information can be found on the Career & College Center page.

Who is the contact for records requests?
Elena Ebner