You are here
- Professional development opportunities for all District employees - mylearningplan.isd271.org.
- Professional Development Advisory Committee and Building Allocations
- New Teacher Induction
- Mentor Advisory Board
- District Instructional Mentors, Secondary Content Mentors, Elementary Curriculum Mentors
- New & Veteran Teacher Mentoring
- Federal Title Funds
- Student Teacher Placements
National Staff Development Council Definition: Comprehensive, sustained, and intensive approach to improving teachers' and principals' effectiveness in raising student achievement.Fosters collective responsibility for improved student performance:
- Aligned with state and district standards for student achievement,
- Conducted among educators at the school and facilitated by well-prepared school principals and/or school-based professional development coaches, mentors, master teachers, or other teacher leaders,
- Primarily occurs several times per week among established teams of teachers, principals, and/or school-based professional development coaches, mentors, master teachers, or other teacher leaders,
- Primarily occurs several times per week among established teams of teachers, principals and other instructional staff members in a continuous cycle of improvement,
- Evaluates student, teacher, and school learning needs through a thorough review of data on teacher and student performance,
- Defines a clear set of educator learning goals based on the rigorous analysis of the data,
- Achieves the educator learning goals identified above by implementing coherent, sustained, and evidenced-base learning strategies, such as lesson study and the development of formative assessments, that improve instructional effectiveness and student achievement, and
- Informs ongoing improvements in teaching and student learning.
The process outlined above may be supported by activities such as courses, workshops, institutes, networks, and conferences that:
- address the learning goals and objectives established for professional development by educators at the school level and
- advance ongoing school-based professional development.