Join 2022 Track and Field!
Begins: Monday, April 11
Time: 2:40 - 4:30 p.m.
Dates: Monday - Thursday.
Activity bus will bring kids home after practice.
Track t-shirt - $20 All checks made payable to isd271
1. Athletes come to practice everyday
2. Athletes will notify coaches if they are unable to come to practice.
3. Athletes will compete in at least three events during track meets.
4. Athletes will have a positive attitude, work hard, and have fun.
Athletes will not have access to locker rooms. Athletes will need to wear practice gear to school. Please, check the weather and dress accordingly.
Athletes will need their own water bottle with their name on it.
It would be smart to do a little running before track begins.
2:38 - 4:30 p.m. Athletes will take the activity bus home or be picked up by a parent.
Track shoes are not required but recommended.
All middle schools practice on grass. Rain causes slick and dangerous practice conditions so practice may be canceled due to rain. Bloomington middle schools lack the proper indoor practice facilities to accommodate track teams so a cancellation often results in students going home on the bus.
Track Meet Cancellations
Track meets will not be made up due to track availability.
- 100M Hurdles / 200M Dash / 400M Dash / High Jump
- 4 x 100 Relay / 1600M / 100M Dash / Long Jump
- 4 x 200 Relay / 800M Dash / Shot Put / Discus
Olson Middle School students and parents contact:
Stephanie Kasel at Jefferson
The link to sign up for the activity bus can be found within the online track registration. All athletes must be signed up in order to take the activity bus home
TBD. When the track schedule is completed it will be linked to the athletics page of each middle school.