The Ridgeview Parent & Student Handbook has been written to provide important information concerning specific rules, policies, and procedures related to the safety and operation of Ridgeview. In order for Ridgeview to operate safely and efficiently, you and your student(s) must be familiar with and abide by the expectations, procedures and rules outlined in this handbook.
- Ridgeview Student Book Recommendations
- Minnesota State Books Awards
- Battle of the Books: Read the Maud Hart Lovelace books, participate in a Flipgrid response and compete in answering questions about the books on a school and district level.
- Minnesota State Book Awards
- Star of the North Book Awards: Students in grades K-2 participate in reading ten Everybody books and then vote for their favorite one in the spring. Ridgeview's favorite book is sent to Minnesota Youth Reading Award (MYRA).
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Awards: Students in grades 2-5 participate in reading at least 3 of the 10 nominated books. Later in the spring, students come to a pizza party and vote for their favorite book. Ridgeview's favorite book is sent to Minnesota Youth Reading Award (MYRA).
- Bloomington Bookfest: Held at Oak Grove Middle School, the annual event features local children's book authors, fun games, reading activities and much more. The event is sponsored by Bloomington Community Education and the Education Foundation of Bloomington.
- I Love to Read Month: Each February, Ridgeview students, staff, and families celebrate "I Love to Read" month with special reading activities, a book swap, and a Read-a-thon.