- Community Education and Metro South programs
- Bloomington Career and College Academy (BCCA)
- Bloomington Transition Center (BTC)
You are here
Full Time/Shared Students at Kennedy High SchoolPeriod 1 - 7:50-8:52 a.m.
Period 2 - 8:53-9:56 a.m.
Period 3 - 9:57-10:59 a.m.
Period 4 - 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
Lunch - 12-12:30 p.m. (Closed lunch @ Kennedy High School cafeteria)
Period 5 - 12:36-1:38 p.m.
Period 6 - 1:39-2:37 p.m.
- Full time BEACON students are enrolled for the entire day.
- Full time enrollment is open to students who are in 11th or 12th grade and who are enrolled in Bloomington Public Schools.
- Shared students will attend some classes at Kennedy and some at BEACON.
- Students follow BEACON schedule for lunch.
- Students will earn one trimester per class period.
- Class size range from 20 students or less with a licensed teacher.
- Work program credit available to students.
- Independent Study and Classroom instruction schedules will be based on credit need/Beacon openings.
- BEACON follows the district calendar for events and activities.
Hybrid Day Option at Jefferson
Open to 11th and 12th grade Jefferson students who need credit recovery during the school day. Contact school counselor for more information.
Extended Day Options
*Students must be 16 years of age.
*An updated Continual Learning Plan must be on file before starting a course
*Class offering are limited to Core Academic Classes*. To be elgible for after school credit recovery, the student must have failed the course.
BEACON Independent Study at Jefferson will start trimester 2. Classes will be offered Mondays (English only), and Wednesday/Thursday from 2:30-4 p.m. Students must fullfill required seat time with the BEACON Teacher and complete all the course work.
A referral from the students school counselor is required to attend the extended day option. A letter will be sent the parent/guardian 2-3 weeks before classes begin.
For more information, call 952-681-5056.