You are here
Media Technology Curriculum Resources
Media Technology Program Mission Statement
The mission of the District media and technology program is to provide an environment in which all individuals in Bloomington are empowered to become life-long learners and effective users of information, ideas and technology.
District Media Technology Curriculum Resources
District Research Process
The Bloomington Media Directors have developed the 5-Star-R Research Process based on the Information and Technology Literacy Standards established by the Minnesota Educational Media Organization (MEMO).
Included in the 5-Star-R Research Process:
- Grade Level Benchmarks & Skills
- Teacher Resources
- Student Research Portals
- Introductory and Tutorial Videos
- K-5 Research WebQuests embedded in the Social Studies curriculum
Bloomington 5 Star Research Process Website
Bloomington Online Safety Program
The Bloomington Media Directors and school counselors are in the process of developing an Online Safety program for K-12 students, teachers and parents.
Included in the Online Safety Program:
- K-5 Grade Level Scope and Sequence
- Teacher Resources (Lessons and Websites)
- Parent Resources (Newsletter and Websites)
- Online Safety Resource Websites
- Internet Safety Video Resources