Bloomington Community Education Youth Enrichment offers a variety of summer, school year, and evening enrichment, education and recreation opportunities for children of all ages.
Classes are available on an on-going basis at a variety of school locations throughout the school district in the areas of:
- creative, visual, and performing arts
- self-reliance and esteem building
- academic and recreational enrichment
- self-defense (including kung-fu and karate)
- recreational and educational sports
Sign up for your child's fall class now! Registration for winter and spring classes is now open.
- Cancellations that are customer-initiated must be received within five or more business days in order to qualify for a full refund, minus at $10 processing fee, per person, for each class cancelled.
- Cancellations made less than 5 business days prior to the start of the class will not be eligible for a refund.
- There are no refunds issued after the class has begun.
- Community Education reserves the right to cancel a class that does not meet the minimum enrollment.
Summer of Laughs, Adventures, and More (SLAM) programs bring together a diverse list of enrichment opportunities over the summer for students entering grades K-8. The program is fee-based with a catalog that is sent home each spring. More than 100 camps are offered every summer.
SLAM camps are scheduled as four-day camps and are offered as a morning or afternoon option or a full-day option with a supervised lunch.
The 2022 SLAM catalog will arrive in early March.
Youth Enrichment Coordinator
Youth Class Registration Secretary
Bloomington Community Education will not be hosting a Junior Summer Musical in 2021.
Registration for Summer 2021 is now closed. Information for Summer 2022 will be posted soon.
GRASP is a nine week correspondence program for grades K - 8 that helps students maintain reading and math skills while they are on summer vacation. Each lesson is constructed to reinforce or reteach typical basic skills generally found in most curricula at a particular grade level. On online version is available for students in grades 4-8.
Music education opportunities are for students age 7 and up. Our current options include piano lessons only.
Registration for private lessons is not available on our registration website. For lesson availability and registration information, contact Michelle Glynn at email@example.com or call 952-681-6108.
Private Instrument Lessons
We offer affordable, individual, weekly 30 minute lessons for piano. Beginners through advanced students are welcome!
Lesson availability is based on available instructors.
Beginner through advanced levels
- 30-minute, weekly, after-school lessons
- Offered at specified Bloomington schools
- Students must be 7 or older to register
- Must have a piano or keyboard at home for practice
- Lessons are scheduled by season
- Enthusiastic, patient and creative music instructors
- Variety of experience teaching lessons
- Variety of education and musical background
- Lessons are tailored to meet individual needs of students
Financial aid is not available for piano lessons.
Are you a music educator? Do you have a love for music and dance? If you would like to share your time and talents teaching young students we would like to add you to our list of enthusiastic, patient, creative instructors.
Please contact us and we'll arrange for an interview to discuss available opportunities in piano, guitar, dance, vocal and instrumental music.
Bloomington Community Education partners with A+ Driving School to offer two options for Driver's Education programs. The Winter 2022 schedule is posted below.
Classroom Instruction and Behind the Wheel
All classroom instruction is online at this time.
- Cost is $420 **
- A $80 deposit is paid to Bloomington Community Education when registering for the class.
- The additional $340 is paid directly to A+ Driving School.
- A+ Driving School will bill parents directly for remainder of the payment.
- Please work directly with A+ Driving School regarding payment plans.
- Students may register if they are 14 1/2 years of age.
- Blue cards will be mailed to students by A+ Driving School.
- Contact: 952-681-6111
Driver's Education: Behind-the-Wheel
- After completion of the high school classroom instruction classes (taught at Jefferson and Kennedy high schools), the student will receive a letter of completion and information about registering for the six hours of behind-the-wheel training with A+ Driving School.
- Students will need to mail their letter of completion and completed registration form to the Community Education office, 2575 W. 88th Street, Suite 200, Bloomington, Attn. Driver's Ed. A parent's signature and payment information must be on the registration form.
- Students can also email their letter of completion and completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent's signature and payment information must be on the registration form.
- To receive a registration form, contact: 952-681-6111.
- Cost is $315 ** - non-transferable.
- A $45 deposit is paid to Bloomington Community Education to receive your Blue Card. This fee is non-refundable.
- The additional $270 is paid directly to A+ Driving School. Contact A+ Driving School to discuss payment options.
- Blue Cards will then be mailed to the student by A+ Driving School.
** Price increase from the catalog listing. Effective 12/15/2021.
Bloomington Community Education knows that the safety of your child and family is very important.
Note, the plan may change at any time based on updates and guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education, as well as directives from ISD 271.
Youth Enrichment Coordinator