In-person classes cancelled beginning November 21
Updated November 16, 2020
With community cases of COVID-19 rising, the School Board voted on Nov. 9 to shift to a more restrictive learning model including canceling or limiting in-person programs.
The following Community Education programs will be canceled beginning Nov. 21:
- Adult enrichment
- Youth enrichment
Processing of refunds/vouchers will take place over the next couple of weeks.
These are difficult decisions that are made with the most informed interest of public health and to ensure the safety and well-being of our students and staff. Throughout the pandemic, student and staff safety remains our top priority while adhering to state and local public health guidance and the 2020-21 Safe Learning Plan.
Online and offsite classes will continue as scheduled. Check our registration site often to see what is available.
Community Education Youth Enrichment offers a variety of summer, school year, and evening enrichment, education and recreation opportunities for children of all ages.
Classes are available on an on-going basis at a variety of school locations throughout the school district in the areas of:
- creative, visual, and performing arts
- self-reliance and esteem building
- academic and recreational enrichment
- self-defense (including kung-fu and karate)
- recreational and educational sports
Registration for fall 2020 Youth Enrichment classes is open. No in-person registration for fall classes.
- Cancellations that are customer-initiated must be received within five or more business days in order to qualify for a full refund, minus at $10 processing fee, per person, for each class cancelled.
- Cancellations made less than 5 business days prior to the start of the class will not be eligible for a refund.
- There are no refunds issued after the class has begun.
- Community Education reserves the right to cancel a class that does not meet the minimum enrollment.
Music education opportunities are for students age 7 and up. Our current options include piano lessons only.
Registration for private lessons is not available on our registration website. For lesson availability and registration information, contact Michelle Glynn at email@example.com or call 952-681-6108.
Private Instrument Lessons
We offer affordable, individual, weekly 30 minute lessons for piano. Beginners through advanced students are welcome!
Lesson availability is based on available instructors.
Beginner through advanced levels
- 30-minute, weekly, after-school lessons
- Offered at specified Bloomington schools
- Students must be 7 or older to register
- Must have a piano or keyboard at home for practice
- Lessons are scheduled by season
- Enthusiastic, patient and creative music instructors
- Variety of experience teaching lessons
- Variety of education and musical background
- Lessons are tailored to meet individual needs of students
Financial aid is not available for piano lessons.
Are you a music educator? Do you have a love for music and dance? If you would like to share your time and talents teaching young students we would like to add you to our list of enthusiastic, patient, creative instructors.
Please contact us and we'll arrange for an interview to discuss available opportunities in piano, guitar, dance, vocal and instrumental music.
Bloomington Community Education partners with A+ Driving School to offer two options for Driver's Education programs.
Classroom Instruction and Behind the Wheel (all classroom instruction is online at this time)
- Cost is $395
- A $70 deposit is paid to Bloomington Community Education when registering for the class.
- The additional $325 is paid directly to A+ Driving School.
- A+ Driving School will bill parents directly for remainder of the payment.
- Please work directly with A+ Driving School regarding payment plans.
- Students may register if they are 14 1/2 years of age.
- Blue cards will be mailed to students by A+ Driving School.
- Contact: 952-681-6111
Driver's Education: Behind-the-Wheel (no in-person registration at this time)
- After completion of the high school classroom instruction classes (taught at Jefferson and Kennedy high schools), the student will receive a letter of completion and information about registering for the six hours of behind-the-wheel training with A+ Driving School.
- Students will need to mail their letter of completion and completed registration form to the Community Education office, 2575 W. 88th Street, Suite 200, Bloomington, Attn. Driver's Ed. A parent's signature and payment information must be on the registration form.
- Students can also email their letter of completion and completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent's signature and payment information must be on the registration form.
- To receive a registration form, contact: 952-681-6111.
- Cost is $295 - non-transferable.
- A $35 deposit is paid to Bloomington Community Education to receive your Blue Card. This fee is non-refundable.
- The additional $260 is paid directly to A+ Driving School. Contact A+ Driving School to discuss payment options.
- Blue Cards will then be mailed to the student by A+ Driving School.
Summer of Laughs, Adventures, and More (SLAM) programs bring together a diverse list of enrichment opportunities over the summer for students entering grades K-8. The program is fee-based with a catalog that is sent home each spring. More than 100 camps are offered every summer.
SLAM camps are scheduled as five-day camps and are offered as a morning or afternoon option or a full-day option with a supervised lunch.
SLAM Camps for summer 2020 have concluded.
Youth Enrichment Coordinator
Youth Class Registration Secretary
The 2020 Summer Junior Musical "The Adventures of Dr. Dolittle" is cancelled.
Look for the return of "The Adventures of Dr. Dolittle" next year!
GRASP registration for 2020 is closed.
GRASP is a nine week correspondence program for grades 4 - 8 that helps students maintain reading and math skills while they are on summer vacation.
Bloomington Community Education knows that the safety of your child and family is very important. We have put together a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and Health Screening that will be followed when your child is in any of our enrichment classes or camps.
Please note, the plan and screening may change at any time based on updates and guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education.
With questions, please contact email@example.com.