Welcome to Bloomington Public Schools! We're proud to be an educational leader, developing in all of our learners the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
After spending 12 years in Bloomington Public Schools, I'm excited to return to the district to serve as superintendent.
Bloomington is a special community. I’m humbled and honored to lead a district I know and love, and eager to work with our school board, staff, students and families to set a new vision and priorities to achieve greater success.
Every day, Bloomington teachers, staff and administrators are working together to ensure our systems, operations and people are focused on creating Safe and Supportive Schools, where all students can learn and grow in a welcoming and nurturing environment.
As a district, we remain committed to equity and continuous improvement so that all students have the same opportunities to attain the educational success they are capable of achieving.
From early childhood through graduation, our Pathways to Career and College Plan is preparing all students for a successful future with an emphasis on career and college readiness.
We encourage our families and community members to be active participants in the educational experience. I look forward to partnering with you to ensure that every Bloomington student reaches their potential in whatever endeavor they pursue.
Dr. Eric Melbye
Superintendent of Schools
Interested in receiving the Superintendent's monthly vlog? Subscribe here.
COVID-19 Planning and Implementation
- Communicate with staff, parents, and the community in a timely manner.
- Communicate frequently with School Board regarding decision points and updated guidance.
- Identify areas of greatest need and prioritize federal funding to address these areas.
- Increase percent proficient on MCA Math and Reading for the district as a whole.
- Execute year two of the Safe and Supportive School Plan.
- Provide weekly Superintendent written updates to the School Board.
- Schedule and execute a plan to visit schools and programs.
- Attend and participate in various parent advisory committees.
- Measure school climate/employee engagement.
- Create a plan to address needs.
Collaborate with the School Board to develop and execute a plan to establish a new district strategic plan.
Curriculum Approval Process
- Update the district curriculum approval/adoption process.
Technology/Safety Levy Renewal
- Prepare options/strategize levy renewal plan.
- Create a recommendation regarding the Bloomington stadium.