Learn about placement and enrollment
Open enrollment is available into all Bloomington gifted programs. We welcome qualified students from outside the Bloomington school district to be considered for any program level from grade 2 through 12.
Join us for an Information Session!
- Elements and Renaissance
View the recordings here.
Middle School programs
- View the recordings here.
High School programs
- Dimensions Academy HS Stem and Humanities
Dec. 5, 2023
View the recording here.
- Nobel HS
Dec. 14, 2023 7-8 p.m.
Families from Bloomington and across the Twin Cities choose our Gifted and Talented programs for the opportunity to help highly academic and creatively gifted students continue to grow and be challenged.
More than simply differentiating curriculum, our programs are designed to enhance the unique capabilities of gifted children. Our programs include five major components:
- Integrated Curriculum
- Critical thinking and creative expression
- Social and emotional development and enhancement
- Family engagement and parent education
- Taught by Gifted Ed. Specialists and GT trained teachers
Our programs are classroom or cohort-based using rigorous, research-based curriculum and instruction. Programming begins in 2nd grade with multiple options through 12th grade.
In addition to our gifted programs, students in all grades benefit from differentiated teaching with options for advanced learning and enrichment opportunities supported by Gifted & Talented staff.
Program Review and Recommendations
In the spring of 2023 Bloomington Public Schools partnered with an independent consultant to conduct a comprehensive review and assessment of our Gifted & Talented services.
We welcome questions and feedback about the program recommendations.
- Accelerate Newsletter - Spring 2023
- Accelerate newsletter - Winter 2023
- Five Things Kids Need To Regulate and Recharge
- How To Stay Connected To Kids During Stressful Times
- What Gratitude Is, What It Isn’t, And How It Can Help Kids Cope
- Subscribe to Spark & Stitch
- Online Spark & Stitch classes: Parents can use SPARK for 10% off
Erin Boltik, Ed. S.
Director of Gifted Programs & Services
Middle School Coordinator
High School Coordinator