The Health Commons at Pond Center offers health and wellness care to Bloomington Schools students and families at no cost.
Care is provided by Minnesota State University, Mankato faculty and Family Nurse Practitioner-level nursing students, in collaboration with other providers as needed.
- Only one person will be allowed to accompany a patient unless the other person is a translator. We will continue to use ARCH language translation services.
- We will screen for symptoms of COVID-19 and contact with persons with possible COVID-19 prior to and upon arrival in clinic. Per state guidelines, children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are not required to wear face coverings, but are encouraged to wear a face covering. Adults and children over the age of 5 years old will be required to wear face masks.
Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-6 p.m. Tuesday appointments available as needed.
Appointments are preferred. Please call 952-681-6277 to schedule an appointment.
Mental Health Support Services
Health Commons at Pond has added mental health support services. Dr. Ross Aalgaard, psychotherapist and social worker, and Matthew Frank, social worker, are seeing clients on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons. Jennifer Marr, pediatric nurse practitioner with an interest in behavioral health is seeing patients on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call 952-681-6277 to schedule an appointment.
COVID Vaccine Clinics for 5-11 Year-Olds
COVID vaccines are available for 5-11 year-olds, including a $200 incentive gift card offered by the State of Minnesota for a limited time from Jan. 24 - Feb. 28. Learn more about the incentive.
The vaccines are offered in groups of 10. Call for an appointment or to check availability.
Care and services offered:
- Sports physicals
- Treating acute illness (infections and other minor illnesses)
- Health screenings and referrals
- Vision/hearing/dental/early intervention screenings
- Mental health support/referrals
- Sexual health and risk reduction education
- Managing chronic illness
- Nutrition counseling
- Health education and health promotion
- Bullying prevention and action
- Education regarding resources, school, community
- Support for family development and family transitions
- Family connections to school and community sessions
- Family caregiving strategies
9600 3rd Ave. S.
Bloomington, MN 55420
Children's Dental Services and Washburn Center for Children are also located within the Health Commons at Pond, providing services by appointment.
Children’s Dental Services
First and third Thursday of each month
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please call for an appointment: 612-746-1530
Washburn Center for Children
Monday - Friday by appointment