Bloomington speech team presents annual showcase
The Bloomington Speech Team will present its 13th Annual Speech Showcase at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 17 in the Oak Grove Middle School auditorium, 1300 W. 106th St.
All speech team members will perform short excerpts of their pieces with the following featured speakers performing their entire selections:
- Emily Shultz, drama: “The Property Known as Garland” by Billy Van Zandt
- Willa Countryman, oratory: “No Thanks”
- Will Moen, humor: “The Three Step Method” by Scot Augustson
- Kayla Nguyen, drama: “Senseless” by Katherine Raul
- Bhavya Sivaram, humor: “A Cold Day in Hell” by Keith J. Powell
- Nouha Warsame, drama: “Black Blue Black” by Lauren McIntosh
- Joy Adanene, program oral interpretation: “Patriotic Protest”
Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students. Bloomington Public Schools staff members receive one free admission with a staff identification card.