2023-24 Back to School & Welcome Letter from Principal Cline
Dear Oak Grove Elementary Eagles,
Happy summer! As you continue to have fun in the sun, it’s also time to start the transition into the 2023-24 school year. This is the first of several communications you will receive from OGE and Bloomington Public Schools (BPS) to help your family prepare for the first day of school, and beyond. As always, I am here to answer your questions, so feel free to reach out to me (Principal Brian Cline) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-681-6850.
Thanks for being a part of our wonderful school community. Away we go!
*** 1st Day of School For K-5 Students is Tuesday, August 29th ***
Virtual Open House
- On Wednesday, August 16 @ 6pm, Principal Cline will host a virtual open house. Families can hear OGE updates and get useful information about the school year. The meeting link will be on our school website, or access it here: meet.google.com/fgp-jyvy-erf
- This is the parent hub for student information. Access your IC account and ensure all information is correct by visiting login.isd271.org. If you are new and have never logged in, start at “Claim My Account” and follow the prompts. For help, contact 952-681-6750 or email@example.com.
Teachers and Transportation
- Teacher placements and bus information will be in Infinite Campus by next Wednesday, Aug. 16. Access this information from our school website by clicking on “BPS Login” at the top.
Please bring your child(ren) to school for a reading conference with their classroom teacher(s) on Wednesday, Aug. 23 or Monday Aug. 28. These 30-minute conferences will allow teachers, parents and students to meet and provide teachers with information to start the school year. While your child is with their teacher, parents can drop off supplies and go to the gym for useful school information. Visit our website beginning Wednesday, Aug. 16 to sign up for assessment conferences.
- Find each grade's school supply lists here. If you need any help with supplies, contact Principal Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-681-6850.
- On Saturday, August 12 from 12-4 p.m. join BPS at the Kennedy High School play fields for fun activities, school and community resources, and back-to-school prep.
- In partnership with our PTA, we email a weekly school update on Friday afternoons. They are short and we strongly recommend reading them to stay informed about OGE. Make sure we have updated family info, emergency contacts and emails in Infinite Campus to receive this weekly update. Access Infinite Campus through BPS Login at the top of our website. See instructions on how to update your info here.
- The student day is 9 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. Buses drop off students between 8:35-8:45 a.m. and leave OGE at 3:25 p.m.
- Your student needs to be at school on time unless they are sick or it’s a family situation. If they will be out, you must contact our attendance office at 952-681-6802 or email@example.com.
- Kindergarteners and all students eating breakfast should be dropped off between 8:35-8:45 a.m.
- All other car riders should be dropped off between 8:45-8:55 a.m.
- End of the day pick-up time for car riders is 3:20 p.m. We will send separate details about our car dismissal process.
- All students may get a free breakfast and/or lunch at OGE.
- BPS breakfast and lunch menus can be found here.
- While an application is no longer required to receive free meals, filling out the Application for Educational Benefits is still important. Students may qualify for benefits like reduced fees for transportation, athletic programs, academic or extracurricular activities. Applying for Educational Benefits also helps schools qualify for education funding, discounts and other meal programs that benefit all students so please complete the Application for Educational Benefits for the 2023-24 school year.
- We have a remarkable PTA that does so much to help our school community. Learn more about our PTA at https://oge.ptboard.com/. Consider joining and volunteering, we are OGE together!
PTA Meetings/School Events
- Here is the BPS school year calendar. The OGE calendar and PTA schedule of events is coming out soon. Our weekly email provides more details and reminders about all our events.
In the coming weeks, we will share information about staff, school procedures, our new BPS elementary student handbook and more.
We will regularly provide reminders throughout the year and notify you of key events and information. We are constantly trying to improve the OGE experience and welcome your support and feedback. I encourage you to contact me with ANY questions, comments, or suggestions about these items or anything else regarding OGE. We are excited to start another school year with you!
Principal Brian Cline and your OGE staff
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Attendance: 952-681-6802 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student School Day: 9:00 a.m.-3:20 p.m.
Breakfast: 8:35-9:00 a.m.