2023-24 Kindergarten Welcome Information
1st Day of School For K-5 Students is Tuesday, August 29!
Families may join us Monday, Aug. 28 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. for a kindergarten orientation. This will give you and your child an opportunity to see the classroom, meet the teacher and their classmates. Teachers will share expectations and procedures with the parents, while the students will do activities elsewhere in the building with our paraprofessionals. There will be a short school bus ride for students accompanied by staff.
Our Kinder Team:
- Katie Saccoman, para Norine Anderson: Room 108, 952-681-6843
- Midori Westcott, para Abundia Mondragon: Room 106, 952-681-6842
- Angie Benko, para Annette Murphy: Room 104, 952-681-6841
- Music: Megan Hadley
- Art: Katie Walters
- PE: Andy Meinhardt
- Social Worker Lee Olene
- Psychologist Lisa Harford
- English Language Learners Teacher: Whitney Andre
- Secretary: Donna Dupre
- Quiet Room Para (student support): Laura Hoffman
- Principal Brian Cline
- Please complete both sides of the yellow form (which was mailed to your household), and bring to school to give to the Teacher at the time of their assessment on Wednesday Aug. 23 and Monday, Aug. 28, or at the orientation.
- We MUST have the following items before your child can start Kindergarten:
- Your child’s original/certified birth certificate (we will make a copy for you)
- Proof/Record of complete and up-to-date immunizations, or notarized exemption form
- Copy of your child’s Early Childhood Screening from Pond Center or other city
- If your child has not had the Early Childhood Screening, call Pond Center to schedule this at 952-681-6200
- If you have not already provided the above items, please upload these items to your student’s Personal Documents file in Infinite Campus or you may stop in at the school office and nurse’s office with the above required items at the time of their assessment.
- Parents can find bus information on Infinite Campus, which can be accessed through BPS login at the top of our website. You can create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Transportation must have the correct home and/or daycare addresses, phone numbers and information for your child. If your kindergartener is a bus rider, it is important they ride the school bus on the first day of school to help develop the daily routine. Teachers put them on the bus and we have them either sit in the front seats or with siblings.
- School supply lists for all grades can be found on our website in the News section.