Operation Property Return and Neighborhood Parade
Dear Normandale Hills Families:
The purpose of this message is to provide greater detail regarding Operation Property Return (OPR) which will take place throughout the week of June 1-5. See the schedule here.
- Please come in a vehicle if possible.
- Operation Property Return will be at Door #1 (Main Entrance) of Normandale Hills. Please do not park, and instead drive-up in the parent/guardian pick-up/drop-off lanes.
- Students that come to Operation Property Return must be with parent or guardian and remain in the vehicle
- Drop-off and pick-up is preferred from the passenger side of the vehicle. Have anything you're dropping off easily accessible by the driver/passenger in the car. You can also place materials in a trunk (separate from the main body of the car).
- We will have designated, labeled areas to drop off/pick-up devices and materials.
- When dropping off/picking up materials, we ask you to maintain social distancing for the safety of all.
- Grades K-4: The return of district assigned tech devices is voluntary. You are welcome to keep these items over the summer for learning purposes OR return them.
- Grade 5: MUST return their current Chromebooks and chargers to school. Current fifth graders who want a new Chromebook over the summer may pick up their middle school Chromebook when they return their current Chromebook at NH.
- Students who are not returning to any Bloomington Public School next year MUST return all devices, media books, etc.
- All grades need to return classroom and school library books. Please put in paper/plastic bags labeled with the teacher name if a classroom book and NH if it’s a school library book.
Please review the information provided by grade as a reminder of what you should bring to school for Operation Property Return.
- Kindergarten and Grade 1
- Grades 2-4 (including Amigo)
- Grade 5
- All grades - classroom and school library books
Normandale Hills Neighborhood Parade
Finally, a reminder that we will be having an end of the year Normandale Hills Neighborhood Parade from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday, June 4 (rain or shine)!
Families are encouraged to decorate their car and drive by school to wave at teachers and staff. We ask that all decorations are age/school appropriate. Social distancing is still in effect; therefore, we ask all students/families to stay in their vehicles for the duration of the parade.
Teachers and staff will be allowed to talk and wave during the parade from the sidewalk along the parade route. Each grade level is assigned a specific time slot to attend (see schedule below) and we encourage you to plan to arrive ten minutes prior to your assigned time slot. We highly recommend coming at your scheduled time as this will help with the flow of traffic through the neighborhood. For families with multiple children, we ask that you attend your oldest child's grade level slot.
This event is meant to be a celebration! We encourage families to be creative and to have fun while still being safe.
|Grade 1||1:15 p.m.|
|Grade 2||1:30 p.m.|
|Grade 3||1:45 p.m.|
|Grade 4||2 p.m.|
|Grade 5||2:15 p.m.|
|Amigo Team||2:30 p.m.|
Enter on Poplar Bridge Road and Toledo Ave. The parade will start on 95th and Stanley and end on Rich Road and 98th. See parade route visual here.
Turn your radio to 106.7 FM to hear some of your favorite Normandale Hills songs while along the parade route!